Friday, August 22, 2008

Why we love the Olympics?


One of the highlights for me?

That's easy, it's Bela Karolyi going completely rogue and crapping on about how the U.S. women's gymnastics team was screwed over, and over, and over again. I have to congratulate NBC for putting this asshole on national T.V. night after night. Well done.

Were the Chinese women underage?

Maybe.

Does anyone know for sure?

Nope.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how being 13 is advantageous when you're competing against girls that are 16.

Why does that matter exactly? My take is that being slightly more mature and having slightly more developed muscle mass is better then being a pre-teen.

If there's one thing I don't know anything about though, it's women's gymnastics. That, and how to be wildly successful. That seems to be eluding me at the moment too.

And anyway, if I'm not mistaken, didn't pretty much every single girl from the U.S. team fuck up at some point during their competition? I mean, falling on your ass isn't a required skill, right?

So essentially the moral of the story here is, don't fall on your ass, because you probably won't win if you do.

I'm glad I had this opportunity to talk about women's gymnastic competitions. That's a major goal I can check off the list.

No comments: