Saturday, August 2, 2008

Eyes wide open?


Anyone else notice that USC returns only FOUR starters on offense?

Doesn't matter I guess, this is Southern Cal. They crank out one superstar after another at every position and almost never lose, especially at home.

Wait...didn't the Trojans lose at home to Stanford last season with their starting QB playing the whole game?

I saw "Magic" Mark Sanchez play two games last season. The first one was against Notre Dame in South Bend. I've never seen a guy more thrilled to beat a ridiculously awful team in my life then the Magic Man was.

The next time I saw Sanchez he was tossing the rock to the other team in Eugene, Oregon and costing USC the game.

Solid!

I'm not saying Mark Sanchez is overrated, I'm not saying Southern Cal is overrated. I'm just wondering how many teams out there are bringing back only four starters on offense and are still considered one of the best teams in the land.

Aside from all that, here's a simple fact. If Ohio State wants to beat Southern Cal, they will have to pressure Mark Sanchez early and often. That means the defensive line will have to overpower USC's young offensive line.

That's all I'm asking.

No comments: