Thursday, August 14, 2008

Viva Espana!

Spain was on quite the roll. Perhaps not since the late 1400's was the Iberian Peninsula abuzz with such accomplishments.

First it was the Euro Cup '08.

Then Rafael Nadal (from northern Spain) took not only the French Open, but also Wimbledon.

Then, another Spaniard took down the rest of the field at the Tour de France.

Oops. That run may have taken a turn for the worse.

The well-regarded Spanish men's basketball team is in hot water after producing the following photograph. What they're thinking, I'm not sure. They appear to be imitating physical characteristics of the Chinese.

I think Jason Kidd was right on the money when he suggested that had the American team done something similar they would be lambasted and perhaps sent home from the games. I can't disagree with that assessment.

I'm sure the Spanish basketball team would be very amused if someone from another country depicted themselves getting gored by a bull or some other such nonsense. Or maybe sleeping all afternoon?

Sorry, struggling to come up with a good dig regarding Spain.

I've been to Spain afterall, and I don't think bullfights or siestas are really offensive in any way, shape or form. I guess China, you'll have to get back at Spain for having too much fun too often.

No comments: