Friday, August 22, 2008

Pro football in Ohio


My prediction for NFL football in the Buckeye State for 2008?

Disappointment.

Not that this should surprise anyone.

First, the Cleveland Clowns.

Presumed starting QB Derek Anderson has apparently gone down to injury. Brady Quinn is getting his first NFL start this weekend if I'm not mistaken.

This one's pretty easy in my opinion. If the Browns were going to live up to expectations in 2008, Derek Anderson would have to start every single game.

Brady Quinn may or may not be a franchise QB in the NFL. That's debatable. The guy has little-to-no experience. The number of dudes that have come into that position and succeeded out of the gate is almost zero.

My guess is, the Browns will bounce back and forth between Anderson and Quinn this season and that's not a recipe for success. Maybe next season they'll get it together after they pick one.

And now the Bengals.

Good Lord.

Resigning Chris Henry?

I've seen a lot of dumb moves out of the Bengals but this one might take the cake. Congratulations Mike Brown, you have completely and totally undercut your head football coach.

Marvin Lewis sat their and said roughly a month ago that 'there's no way Chris Henry is back on this team'. So what does team owner Mike Brown do? He signs the guy to two-year contract. Un-fucking-believable.

Chris Henry is suspended for the first four games of the season. STRONG!

Out here on the east coast on the rare occassions that I run into a Bengals fan, I simply say, "I'm sorry." You might as well root for the Washington Generals.

Fuck-balls are they awful.

Sadly, the only 'Bengals highlight' I'm looking forward to this season is potentially seeing Carson Palmer eat crow when the Buckeyes beat the Trojans.

We'll see.

No comments: