Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beijing, Day 2


I've got the 20" TV on top of the 32" TV sitting next to the plasma with picture-in-picture across the board. I'm not missing anything dammit!

I'm watching the U.S. Men's Basketball Team wrap it up against the People's Republic of China, A.K.A. Team Yao. It was very competitive early with China shooting the lights out from beyond the arc. It hasn't been close in the second half.

I think it would have been a lot more interesting if they'd let these basketball teams take on more of the characteristics of their countries. For example, I don't see why the Chinese team should not have been allowed to play with 25 guys on the floor at all times.

Who would have thought ten years ago that China would field a team with four past/present NBA'ers? I am guessing that number will grow.

My favorite part of the "Redeem Team's" first game was Carmelo Anthony getting posterized by Yi Jian Lian (who is now with the Nets). Carmelo Anthony is a major dufus, even by NBA standards. I'm just thrilled he's representing the U.S. in the Olympics.

I'm not sure what I'm more excited for next, water polo, rowing, judo or weightlifting.

BRING IT ON!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's the commentary about the fake fireworks, Misty May's bikini, Phelps lust for gold or the riveting trap shooting event?