Friday, August 22, 2008

More NFL Questions


As I watch this riveting preseason contest between the Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans...

I see that San Fran has named J.T. O'Sullivan their starting QB going into the season. Who?

As I recall, the 'Niners picked Alex Smith #1 overall out of Utah a few years ago. That sounds like $50 million well spent.

I thought the Bengals had a monopoly when it came to picking awful QB's at the top of the draft. Akili Smith and David Klingler were busts of colossal proportions.

Of course, the San Diego Chargers nabbed one of the greats, Ryan Leaf. Considering the trajectory of Peyton Manning's career (who was taken one spot ahead of Leaf), I can't believe Ryan Leaf hasn't thrown himself off a bridge at this point.

You'll notice that another recent number one pick, David Carr, is also no longer with the team (Houston) that picked him at the top of the draft. Maybe the Bengals aren't the only team that's "blessed" these days.

No comments: