Sunday, July 6, 2008

Will he walk on water too?


We are reminded again by the Pittsburgh Tribune Review of the greatness of incoming freshman Terrelle Pryor. I can only hope at this point that he is half of what we have been led to believe he will be.

Big time college football recruiting is somehow a billion dollar industry. Why? I have no idea. And I'll not attempt to explain that here now.

However, even in a world where gross hyperbole is the status quo, Pryor seemed to command attention that only heads of state normally enjoy. This makes me all the more weary that it is almost impossible to live up to the expectations that have been created for him.

I keep hearing the "Tim Tebow" comparison when someone attempts to project how TP will be used this season. Personally, I'm sick of that noise. Pryor and Tebow have only one thing in common, height. Everything else about the two athletes is different. Pryor uses more speed and finesse to elude defenders while Tebow is a true bruiser.

Given that Jim Tressel has shown he'll adjust his teams' offense to fit his players' strengths, it'll be interesting to see where they try and take the Terrelle Pryor offense.

No comments: