Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More Plaschke


My arch nemesis returns to Level 6.

First I ran across this column by Norman Chad. Good stuff. He takes the following swipe at Plaschke.

• Sportswriters know nothing. And when I say nothing, I mean NOTHING. The day after USC beat Ohio State, 35-3, the Los Angeles Times’ Bill Plaschke started and finished his column with the words, “Who is going to beat them?” In fact, five times in his column, he wrote, “Who is going to beat them?”

Who is going to beat them? Well, as it turns out, the next team they played.

As a rule, a sportswriter can tell you the best steakhouse in town and nothing else.


ZING!

Bill Plaschke didn't let another pathetic loss to an unranked opponent sway his opinion of the Trojans. Well, actually I take that back. He has conceded that USC is not in fact the number one team in the land anymore.

Nope, instead Plaschke now has Southern Cal...two.

That's right, no national TV yesterday this asshat stated that USC is the second best team out there. I'm pretty sure he wasn't kidding.

What a moron.

You see Bill, it doesn't work that way. We don't just appoint the Trojans to the title game because sometimes they look "real good". No, you actually have to go out and win your games.

I think I heard this same argument out of UGA fans last year after they pounded Hawai'i. Sure, you looked good against Hawai'i, that doesn't mean you should have played for the national title. Idiots.

No comments: