Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'll take it


If you didn't watch the game, the final score isn't all that impressive.

However, Ohio State dominated this game and it really wasn't nearly as close as the final tally indicated. I am left wondering if the Buckeyes turned the corner or not.

My biggest concern all season has been the defense, not the offense. The problems surrounding the offensive side of the ball can be explained away to some extent in my opinion. However, the O-line needs some work. Jim Tressel anointed himself 'assistant offensive line coach' this week which I think shows he's aware there's a problem.

I thought the offensive line looked better today. I wonder if that has a lot more to do with the return of Chris Wells then anything else? Of course, one of the best runs of the day was by Boom Herron, who ripped it right up the gut for an impressive gain that nearly took it to the house.

If I could please nit-pick Terrelle Pryor, which is totally uncalled for, I think his passing is a bit weak. Not that we didn't already know that much. He appears to be pushing the ball to spots instead of setting his feet and unleashing the lasers we know he's capable of. That will improve with time.

Glad to see Todd Boeckman get in there and have some nice throws. He's clearly a better passer then TP at this point, not that anyone is surprised by that revelation. We will need Todd down the stretch at some point. He needs as many confidence-boosting opps as possible at this stage.

No comments: