Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Beanie's foot and Trojans' poll

Beanie may in fact be OK and ready to go for USC. My personal feeling after watching USC is that if we don't have Chris Wells at about 80% we're going to have a hard time beating those guys. They look damn good.

Why in God's name would Tressel even think about putting Beanie in against Ohio University? I don't think he will, but I think every one's mindset should be, "No Chris Wells this week, regardless."

Southern Cal has vaulted to the top of both polls if I'm not mistaken and I think that's accurate based on the first week. Georgia and Ohio State would have needed to drop 80 on Georgia Southern and Youngstown State respectively if they wanted to be considered remotely as impressive as the 52-7 that USC put up.

After another boring victory over the Bobcats this weekend, it'll be more of the "Trojans will crush Ohio State" all week leading up to the game. So far I have the NY Times Bill Rhoden, the LA Times Bill Plaschke and the "I'm a fuckhead's" Jay Marrioti on record as saying OSU will "get killed". I'm going to add to that list over the next two weeks. There will be plenty of others.

There will be plenty more to say about OSU-USC over the next two weeks. I'm just glad USC will be over-confident going into this one!

The only thing that worries me right now is that USC will now have two weeks to get ready for Ohio State. As previously noted though, Pete Carroll can't win close games.

More to come...

No comments: