Monday, October 13, 2008

Perfect season still intact and looking strong!



That's a great picture isn't it? I hope Carson was compensated well to look like a circus clown.

Yep, the Bagels knocked down another wrung on the ladder of ineptitude yesterday. The Jets and their HORRENDOUS throw-back uniforms bumped the Bengals, 26-14.

As usual, the Bengals hung tough for awhile. I wasn't fooled this time. Even down by three in the third quarter I had no doubts that they would lose by more then ten. The Jets weren't a good enough team to solicit max effort from Team Mike Brown.

For once, Marvin Lewis didn't disappoint me. At least this one didn't come down to OT or the last minute.

It looks like Carson Palmer may be done for awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if they shut him down for the season.

Let's assume that happens.

I looked at the schedule today. The next lousy team on the schedule is Houston in a few weeks.

I'm guessing Houston is going to need to beat the Bengals as badly as the Bengals need to beat Houston. And guess what? That game is IN HOUSTON.

Chalk that one up for Matt Schaub and company, even though they suck ass.

So I'm going to go ahead and give the Bengals 0-12. That's right, no doubt in my mind, they're going to wrack up 12 losses to start the season.

I don't think they'll be able to pull off the 'perfect' season though. They'll catch someone sleeping down the stretch. So I'm thinking maybe one win or perhaps two. Three wins will be a miracle.

Here's the question, if the Bengals go 1-15, does Mike Brown fire Marvin Lewis?

He's under contract at least through 2010. The only thing Bengals' owner Mike Brown hates more then winning, is paying guys that no longer work for him. So a moribund 1-15 season would be an interesting conundrum for one of the worst-run pro franchises on planet earth.

My guess? Marvin Lewis would get another chance.

That's what parity-defying teams do.

No comments: