Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Coaches' Poll

Texas #1, I think that's probably deserved. The Longhorns have CRUSHED everyone they've faced. The only close game they've endured was this past weekend in the Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma. Everyone though Oklahoma was the clear number one and would beat Texas. Oops.

Texas remaining schedule is brutal. If they stay #1, they'll have earned it.

'Bama #2, I think that's adequate as well. Plenty of time still to make sure these rankings are deserved.

Penn State #3, that's probably OK with me too, although I'm not sure that they've beaten a quality opponent yet. Unfortunately this is the burden of the Big 10 these days. As long as Big Nittany keeps winning big it won't matter.

Southern Cal #4. This is where I have a problem. Consider the following. On a neutral field Oklahoma lost an epic battle to Texas, a team ranked in or around the Top Five. The Trojans lost to the Beavers. Yet we've got Pete Carroll's gang ahead of the Sooners? I don't know about that one.

No comments: