Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tebow? Still?

Here's what's really, really disheartening.

It's July 1st. There will not be any meaningful discussion of college football for two full months. Nothing that has any major effect on the upcoming season will happen until September.

And yet there are some initial feelings of dread swimming in my head when I think about the 2009 season. You know why!

You're telling me that fucker is still playing football for Florida?

Stewart Mandel from SI.com released his first college football mailbag of the year today. I got to the third sentence in his first response before I was turned off.

With that favorable schedule, will anybody beat Florida?
-- @akosnitzky

Nobody's unbeatable in college football anymore; but on paper, these Gators have as good a shot at running the table as any team in the last four years. Heading into the season, Florida reminds me very much of USC's 2005 squad (minus the "greatest team of all-time" nonsense) -- a defending BCS champ returning its Heisman-winning quarterback and a boatload of other stars, playing a schedule that, as of now, seems inordinately favorable (no Alabama or Ole Miss in conference play; Charleston Southern, Troy and FIU in nonconference).

If anything, Florida is probably better suited to repeat than were those Trojans because the Gators' strength is their defense.


I don't know if I can take another year of the media fellatio.

And let's stop right there for a moment. This clown is setup perfectly for a massive fall from grace. He's a great football player. He's a team guy. A Heisman, two national titles. Oh, and he does a lot of good deeds.

I don't blame the guy for sticking around Florida for another year. In the NFL he'll mostly ride the bench, I'm guessing. Some team may try to run heavy with the 'Wildcat' but that won't work. Tebow's lack of speed will be a major problem in the pro's. And his size will be somewhat negated too. Everyone is bigger and faster in the NFL. There will not be nearly as much separation from a size and talent perspective as compared to the opponent. He has a pretty good arm but I don't think it's going to be good enough.

So at least we've got that to look forward to at least.

"Tebow potentially failing in the NFL" is not what I want to look forward to when I think about the 2009 college football season.

Back to the point though, passing on the NFL is one thing. Imagine what it's like to be Tim Tebow in Gainesville right now? He's taking BMOC status to another level.

Is there any chance whatsoever that my dreams will come true and Tebow will knock up some filthy whore?

Frankly, I'd settle for 'morally lenient' as opposed to filthy whore.

Whatever.

All I know is the season is months away and I'm already sick of Tebow. Hopefully the incredibly short attention span of the nation will kick in and they'll grow tired of Tebow being good. Hopefully he has crested and the minor criticisms will start. We'll see.

I am just hoping that this asshole doesn't ruin the whole season. Again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah but google Tim Tebow's girlfriend.... ay yay yay

--GB